In today’s business environment, we believe there are still great opportunities for astute capital providers, with a focus on management buy outs and other management-led ownership transition.
We see a growing need for flexible capital to fund ownership transfer and company expansion so that management can compete in today’s demanding business environment.
- Direct investments in operating companies with revenues of > $20m and strong operating margins
- Focus on ownership transitions, MBO/MBIs, M&A, growth capital, and selective restructuring opportunities
- SouthPac aims to keep the portfolio to a manageable level to allow the principals to be active board members and advisors
- Business type – cash flow positive, consumer, services, multi-location operating businesses, financial services, technology and real estate
- Initial geographic focus is British Columbia with potential to expand to Western Canada and North West United States.
We seek to invest $10m to $50m per transaction but we have the capacity to invest more if required.
In the real estate space, SouthPac looks to acquire or develop industrial/office & office strata buildings in urban centres. We also work to identify land for development or undervalued commercial properties that will benefit from renovation, conversion or re-zoning.
In special situations we look at residential and business-focused recreation properties.