In today’s business environment, we believe there are still great opportunities for astute capital providers, with a focus on ownership transition and growth capital.
We see a growing need for flexible capital to fund ownership transfer and company expansion so that management can compete in today’s demanding business environment.
- Direct investments in operating companies with revenues of > $10m and strong operating margins
- Focus on ownership transitions, MBO/MBIs, M&A, growth capital, and selective restructuring opportunities
- SouthPac aims to keep the portfolio to a manageable level of 10 or less investments to allow the principals to be active board members and advisors
- Business type – cash flow positive, consumer, services, multi-location operating businesses, financial services, technology and real estate services
- Initial geographic focus is Western Canada with potential to expand nationally and to the North West United States.
We seek to invest $10m to $50m per transaction but we have the capacity to invest more if required. We look for businesses that have the potential to earn 30%+ EBITDA margins near term.
We bring specific expertise in real estate development, franchising and M&A.
In the real estate segment, SouthPac looks to acquire or develop industrial/office & office strata buildings to house operating businesses.
In special situations we will look at recreational properties operating as a business.